Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 23, 2011

Altered Composition book swap

Here we go again with another swap I entered over at the CMB. This time we were to alter a composition book for our partner but we had to use a wrinkled effect. So I chose a patterned paper I had in my stash, wet it, crunched it up in a ball and then smoothed back out, heated it up with the heat gun and then inked the wrinkles on the paper with Tim Holtz Concord Grape Distress ink which gave this really cool effect. Then I used decoupage glue to adhere the paper to the book and then put a nice finish coat over the paper when it was dry. So here is the book I made for my partner Kathy. She wanted her book done in pastels so I chose pink and lavender.

This is the front of her book. I used a white pearl heart shaped button for the closure. A strip of canvas I inked to cover the spine, and lace trim and pearls to embellish it.

Inside the  front cover I made a pocket with a tag. I stamped the butterfly on the pocket with versamark watermark ink and then lightly brushed over it with perfect pearls to give it a pretty shimmer.
On the inside of the back cover I made another pocket and a much larger tag. Once again I stamped the butterflies with versamark and then brushed with perfect pearls. Added a (friend to friend) stamp from Stampin up and then layered it with the SU label punch.

And finally the back cover of her book I left plain. I used purple cardstock with  basically the same technique I used to wrinkle and ink the front cover. I also made my own closure with pink twine, a piece of cardstock I punched with my circle punch and an eyelet. I pulled the twine up through the hole and then secured it between the CS and the eyelet when I set the eyelet with my Big Bite.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Altered Letter

CoyoteKim  made me this beautiful altered letter "T" for my scrapbook room! I absolutely Love it! 
It matches my room perfectly! I will post pics of her letter after she receives it!

Well it seems I forgot to take a picture of Kim's altered letter "K" I made for her, So she sent me a pic! 
I made her letter in colors to match her scrap area......Brown, Tan, Pink....and I gave it a vintage look!

Altered Box swap

This is the beautiful box I received in the mail today from my partner Pamela. She used the Graphic 45 Curtain Call papers to alter the box and make all my goodies. Pam you did an awesome job.....I love everything! I will cherish it forever! Thank You so much! 

And this is the Cigar Box I altered for Pamela. I wanted to keep the colors light and make a girly box for her to keep all her little momento's over the years from her beautiful little girl. I also made her a swivel charm and a handmade tag. I then made her a satin flower and stickpin that I also included in her box. I did not take a pic of the goodies I sent her... pink stickles, pink embossing powder, some cute little buttons etc that were pink, vintage, tea party etc. And then a few other things. I hope you love your box as much as I love mine!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

June Stick pin swap

Here we go again with another swap I have decided to enter over on the CMB!   
The June stick pin swap. The challenges were as follows:
Use some unique bead caps....not just plain ones....there is shaped ones, long ones and so on....
Place some type of flower on aleast one pin in each can be a charm, bead or whatever as long as its a flower
Have a hanging charm from one of your pins....
Make a stick pin with something other than beads...."no beads"...use your imagination
Make a stick pin that sparkles....

So as you can see we had quite a few challenges this month, and after playing around for awhile...this is what I came up with. It all started with the Flower challenge and the one that said "no beads"...hmmmmmm, well this got my wheels turning and I decided to alter some Prima flowers and try to make a sunflower. I took 4 yellow Prima flowers and stacked them together, then inked the edges with an antique brown. I then had to make the center of the sunflower so I cut a small circle from brown cardstock and glittered it with copper Glitter...then I also glittered the head pin with the same copper glitter. (well this one pin basically serves as my sparkly pin and my flower pin....not to mention the no bead one)  So this was the inspiration that I used to make the rest of the pins. I wanted them to all be gold and copper....and since I didn't have any Gold beads.....I used the same antique brown ink and I inked all the white pearls and they came out this pretty Gold color. I also inked the charms to give them an antique copper finish. I then used a hanging flower charm on one to serve as another flower pin and a dangle charm. The fourth one over from the left is my pin with the unusual bad cap.....not sure how well it is showing up in the pic.  Now all thats left is to decide what I am going to make for the presentation card for each set. What you see above is ONE set of pins. we were to make five sets of five. I'll post pics after I decide how I am going to present and package them.