Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Altered Tin

Today I worked on this Altered tin......I started off with a shiny silver tin that I applied a coat of primer to. Then I started dabbing it with the Ranger Adirondack metallic Copper & Gold dabbers. I loved the look and texture I was acheiving but I wanted this tin to be more aged so I also applied Black & sage green matte acrylic paint until I was happy with the results. When the Acrylic paint was dry I lightly dry misted the entire tin with clear satin  Polycrylic by Minwax! Next it was time to Embellish........as you can see I basically used a few Recollections flowers, a pearl spray, an embellished copper paper clip, copper butterfly and a 3d pocket watch I had in my stash. After I adhered everything to the front of the tin I used the Adirondack copper dabber again on the flowers & pocketwatch. I love the way it turned out! I know the pic does not show it well.....but in person it looks like an old and rusty copper tin with a little bit of green patina and age. Inside is also painted the same as the outside and I added a black circle of foam that I glued to the inside bottom of the tin to finish it off! I had so much fun making this tin and getting all messy.......Give it a try and you will be surprised at how awesome the results are! Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! This is a fabulous project! Thank you for the detailed instructions. Beautiful!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com