Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Altered mini Canvas & Easel


Today I wanted share another one of the altered items I made for CoyoteKim for the "whats in your vintage purse" swap. This is a mini canvas and easel I altered with the My Minds Eye Lost & Found 6x6 paper stack. I believe this collection is called Madison Avenue.  I'm not a big "pink" lover but I really like this paper stack with all the vintage dress forms, newsprint etc. and thought it would be perfect for this little canvas. I started off by painting the canvas with Pink Acrylic paint. Then I took one of the newsprint pages from the stack, cut it slightly smaller than the canvas and inked it with pink & brown ink with my blending tool. Next I tattered the edges with my Tim Holtz paper distress tool, and then inked the edges brown. I also cut another piece of paper from the stack with the dress form and sewing machine image (I think I cut this at approx 2x3 inches) and once again used my blending tool to add a little bit of pink and brown ink, tattered the edges etc. The flowers are from my stash and are Recollections and then I added the vintage sewing needle tag, a few stick pins and a sewing needle and a button to finish it off. Super simple project and these little canvas's are sooooo addicting! Can't wait to make another one.  Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Great canvas. Love all the details.