Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Altered Canvas

This is an 8x8 canvas that I picked up at Michael's and altered for my friend Liz!  I used DCWV Tattered Time paper line and a few misc items from my stash. The birdcage was made with the Tim Holtz birdcage die and then I painted it with a hammered copper spray paint I purchased at Walmart. I also used the TH metal corners and idea-ology metal frame, key and lock. I know Liz likes Butterflies so that is where the inspiration came from for this piece......rather than use the saying "Captured in Time" and place a bird in the cage, I decided to use the clock and Butterfly. Liz loved this canvas when she received it and I had a great time making it .




Here is the Beautiful 12x12 Canvas I received from LIZ in the swap. She used my favorite Graphic 45 paper line and lots of Tim Holtz goodies. I love it! Thanks so much LIZ! Isn't it funny that we both used the TH birdcage but in different ways? Can't wait to hang this in my scraproom!


1 comments:

Heart2hand said...

Gorgeous...Liz will love it...
HUGs
rhonda