Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Altered Wooden thread spool holder

I found this wooden thread spool holder over at Goodwill yesterday for 99 cents believe it or not.....and it was just plain unfinished wood, so immediately my wheels started turning on how I could alter it and what I could use this for in my scraproom. So I purchased this little beauty and brought it home and got started altering it. I started off by completely painting it with black acrylic paint, then I decided to use my all time Favorite paper from Graphic 45. This is one of the Sheets of paper from the Le Cirque collection. I adhered the paper with decoupage, sanded the edges and then applied a nice thin coat of decoupage all over to give it a nice finish.  I really didn't want to add too much decoration so I just added pearl flourishes at the top, and then took brown ink and aged the paper to look old. Now that it's finished I plan on going to Michael's and purchasing a bag of unfinished spools and then I want to wrap my cross stitch floss on the spools and store them on this rack. I have tons of floss from when I used to do cross stitch which I now use on buttons and such in my card making and scrapbooking. Because as we all know I am no Suzy homemaker and I don't sew enough to even own this many spools of thread! LOL!!! So anyway, This was my GREAT find for the week and I am super happy with the way it turned out! I think it's going to make an awesome addition to my scraproom! Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

heaven4333 said...

Very nice Theresa,
It looks really big, are you going to be able
to fill that? LOL