Hi all, Thanks for stopping by. I am now 49 years old and have been married to the same wonderful guy for almost 31 years now. We have 3 sons and we have 5 adorable grandchildren.
I have dabbled in the craft world for years and I love to create things with paper. I love Scrapbooking, cardmaking, rubber stamping, punch art and altering things. My husband is my biggest enabler and my greatest fan.
Come on in and take a look around, stay as long as you like. I hope you like what you see....If so please leave a comment.
Check back often for new videos, pictures and swaps. Thanks
Today I wanted to share with you the altered wooden frame I made for the "all handmade swap" I participated in with Kelley Rooks. This is one of those unfinished wooden frames you can pick up at Michael's craft store. I started out by sanding and smoothing all the rough edges, and then painted the entire frame with black acrylic paint. I chose the diamond patterned paper from the G-45 Old Curiosity stack to cover this frame so It would match Kelley's scrap room. Normally I adhere the paper to the frame with decoupage and then after I sand the edges and make sure everything is smooth I would then coat over the paper and the entire frame with decoupage. But this time I decided I liked the matte texture of the paper and did not want to add a coat of decoupage over it.....so I glued the paper down with my decoupage being very careful as to not get any of the glue on the outside of the paper. I then sanded all the edges to make them smooth. Next I took the "newsprint" patterned paper and cut it into a 1 1/2 inch strip and glued across the middle and added buttons. I handmade the Flower with my Spellbinders "rose creations" die and added gold stickles to the edges. I hot glued feathers to the back of the rose and then used the hot glue gun to attach the flower to the frame. I then added a stick pin by just pushing it into the hot glue under the flower after the glue had dried. To finish off the frame I cut a piece of chipboard to fit in the opening of the frame and glued the paper with the apothecary bottles to it. I also cut a piece of clear Acetate to fit inside the opening. This way Kelley can remove the chipboard and slide a photo of her choice inside the frame if she likes between the Acetate and the chipboard backing. This is a very easy project to make......I hope this inspires you to alter a frame of your own. And as always......Thanks for looking!